Saturday, December 1, 2012

Luc is back!

Not that he's ever really gone away.

Since 2007, Luc has been a busy dog, backpacking and trail running.  He has a dog brother (Neb) now, and lost a dog sister (RIP Teagan).

He's done the La Cloche Silhouette Trail in Killarney in 2 days with me and our friend Julian - the first dog to do so - and done 60k one-day hikes and 40k runs.

As he's gotten older, he's started to slow down, but with some thyroid med adjustments and supplements with anti-inflammatory (Devil's Claw) he's bouncing back and running again.

Our current plan, if his body holds up, is to do a big as yet not public run next year!  Stay tuned for our training!

Here he is last weekend training in Beaver Valley:


Handsomer than ever.  We did a three hour run followed by a short hike. 

Hopefully he can stay young enough for our training and the unsupported run.  I'm having a great time having him running with me again, it's so nice.

Here's Luc with Neb (who is not a very good runner) on a recent trail run in Speyside:



1 comment:

Unknown said...

How did you find the La Cloche trail on Luc's pads?


I am considering taking my Malinois with me this summer but the park staff have told me the quartzite rock can slice up a dog's feet pretty badly.